MASISA’s core business is to produce and market wood boards for furniture and interior architecture in Latin America. The strategic forestry and Placacentro network business units have a major role in assuring the success of the core business.
To be the No. 1 company in Latin America in bringing added value and solutions for furniture and interior spaces and the most attractive company to customers, investors, employees and communities.
To bring design, quality and sustainability to every item of furniture and interior space, improving people’s lives.
Important Aspects of MASISA’s Operations in the Region
- Producer of wood board (PB-MDP-MDF) for furniture in Latin America, with a special focus on design and value added.
- Diversified manufacturing and final market base in the region.
- Competitive, differentiated strategy: customer orientation, effective innovation, brand and operational efficiency.
- Largest specialized distribution network in Latin America: MASISA Placacentro.
- 198,000 hectares of forest plantations.
- Industry leader in health, safety and the environment.
- Leadership and commitment to sustainable development (triple bottom line approach).
- Favorable growth outlook: low product penetration and a significant housing deficit in Latin America.
- Corporate governance that has been widely recognized.